Storytelling in Language Learning
Tell it Again – The Storytelling Handbook for Primary English Language Teachers, by Gail Ellis & Jean Brewster
This new edition, Tell it Again! The New Storytelling Handbook, brings together this accumulated experience as well as recent developments in language teaching, and provides a completely revised and updated methodology section including new guidelines on how to assess pupils’ story-based work, learning to learn, learning about culture and learning technologies. Part 2 offers detailed story notes written by experienced materials writers and practising teachers on ten stories selected from Puffin’s rich list of children’s literature as well as two photocopiable stories.
This handbook is for any teacher who is – or will be– teaching English to children and is interested in using authentic storybooks.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: Out of stock
[button type="success" size="lg" link="https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/sites/teacheng/files/D467_Storytelling_handbook_FINAL_web.pdf" target="_blank"]Download this book as a PDF or find out more[/button]
Find out more about storytelling and young learners with a free short course from ELTcampus!
If you are teaching children and want to know more about how to use storytelling in your classroom, why not further develop your teaching skills and sign up for a free short ELTCampus course about storytelling, with 6 informative engaging lessons sent direct to you.
What you can expect in your inbox:
- Visit to the classroom at storytime so we can see what storytime can look and sound like.
- See how storybooks support language aurally and visually, and establish what criteria you can use to select appropriate picture books for storytelling.
- Look at approaches and ideas for storytelling that you can use in the classroom that focus on speaking production and listening comprehension.
- Discover some resources to help you with storytelling lesson planning and analyse the stages of an example lesson plan based around a short video.
- Consider the idea of online storytelling and finally,
- Plays and drama for spoken production development.